Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a built in kitchenaid refrigerator model# ***** that has very temperamental frig door.

Customer Question
It was in the home...
I have a built in kitchenaid refrigerator model# ***** that has very temperamental frig door. It was in the home when we purchased it in 1992 and the fright door has never been flush with the freezer door like it is not closing all the way. I have rearranged and even removed items from the door and the shelves so there are no obstructions. It seems to be cooling ok but through the years it closes less and less. There are no obstructions the seal is clean what do you think could be the issue. Is there a magnet so it stays shut or does the door need adjustment or was the seal bad from the beginning and now it is worse?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: frig was built was bought and installed in 2002.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
6/2/2016
Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
bonzaco

It sounds like the appliance was not fitted correctly in the first place and the door hinges have worn over time. In your position I would try adjusting the hinges to get the doors level ie try and adjust the fridge door to be level with the freezer door and if that fails then I would replace the fridge hinges which are still available from here -- http://www.searspartsdirect.com/model-part/kssc48qks00/0593/0165000/w0201127/00001.html -- Ian

John, Home Appliance Technician