Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

We tried the delay start on our Jenn-air dishwasher. It

Customer Question

We tried the delay start on our Jenn-air dishwasher. It worked once and not nothing works. The normal and all other washes will not work. We can get the delayed start light to flash but nothing more and it never runs.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

Try to reset the unit by shutting the power off to it for a complete minute then turn it back on, let me know if that corrects it or not.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried that three times. I unplugged it each time for five or more minutes and plugged it back in. Is there some type of reset option with a button sequence that I can try?

Yes what is the model number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
E39927 LR111720
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
JOB1090AWS 35231656JT
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
EEV111721
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry ... lots of numbers and none say model number.

Ok press the heated dry key 6 times then the Start button after within 8 secs...if it is right 88 will appear on the display or all lights will light up. If that does not happen you may have a bad control or keypad.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no change. all lights are dark with no response.
All that lights up still is the normal wash light solid and the delay light flashing. Then they both time out after a 20 or 30 seconds.

Ok that code means the unit has a bad touchpad and the touchpad membrane will need to be changed. Here is a link to the part for you. They go bad a lot.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Which of the numbers was the model number?
Everything worked fine since we bought the house in Sept. until I just tried the delay start the other day.

Here is the Delay page out of your manual you can try that as well.

Model is JDB1090AWS

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks but non of those suggestions worked.I disassembled it and cleaned the ribbon cable (for the control panel) with alcohol and then reassembled everything. It is back to normal again.

Yes that will likely happen again as moving and cleaning the touchpad ribbon will sometimes temporarily correct it, but will likely not be a permanent fix. That is why I advised it was a touchpad code and got you on the right track I would appreciate a rating for the time spent as I receive nothing otherwise.