Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Viking 48 inch built-in side by side and ice keeps

Customer Question
hi - I have a...
hi - I have a Viking 48 inch built-in side by side and ice keeps forming on the back wall of the freezer, and the freezer will not cool. I had a technician come to the house and replace the control panel; thermistor and low voltage kit; however I still have the same issue. The model number has been removed from the refrigerator by the former home owner so i'm not sure of the model number. any help will be greatly appreciated.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: that's it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
5/31/2016
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

Is the forst that forms on the coil a total frost that goes from the top to the bottom of the coil? How long does it run before it frosts up after thawing?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The frost is on the inside back wall and goes from the ice maker the whole way down the back interior wall. We unplugged for two days and defrosted. Once turned back on, within about 30 hours it frosted up.

If it frosts up that quickly, it has to be an air leak issue. The defrost system will take a week to frost up. How are the door seals?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The refrigerator side, the seal has a small crack. The freezer side appears to be ok

If air is drawn in at any place, the fan will draw it in and it will naturally frost at the coldest place, at the coil where the cover panel is frosting up. I suspect that seal is the cause of your issue.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, so I should install new,seals on both doors? Also, do the doors have latches? It appears that v the door is closed everytime, but could a latch be bad?

There are usually close assist hinges that pull the doors in and keep them closed tightly, depending on the model, so I would inspect them as well, yes.

Kelly, Appliance Technician