Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My washing machine was working fine, did a couple loads

Customer Question

Hey, my washing machine was working fine, did a couple loads earlier today without issue, however, my wife just put in a load and just before the drain/rinse cycle is set to begin - it just shuts off. I unplugged and reset it twice and both times just as it is set to begin draining it just shuts off.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: can't think of anything
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Frigidaire FWX6971EZ
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

That model uses a mechanical timer, so I suspect it will need to be replaced. It sounds like there is a burnt contact in there. The timer is number 8 in the diagram at the link below.

CLICK HERE

The timer is no longer available new, so you will have to send it in for repair.

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey just noticed I entered the model number incorrectly - its FWX6971EW2
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

No worries, I found it with your original post. There are only a couple choices with the FWX6971 and the last characters are a color and series number. They all take the same timer.