Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Have sub zero 650 and left freezer door open a couple days

Customer Question
ago and now icemaker not...
Have sub zero 650 and left freezer door open a couple days ago and now icemaker not working .
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
5/30/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 year ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

Ok it should start making ice again, but it has to get down to temperature. Note you may want to totally defrost the unit then turn it back on to make sure no frost has gotten into places it should not be then start it back up and try it.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did try the defrost method and left the ice button on . Should it have been turned off or kept on or this should not matter?? This happened a few day ago and freezer has been on since and still no ice .

What are the exact freezer temps? 0 degrees?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Freezer is on 4

It has to be 0 degrees to make ice properly you should make sure it is with a thermometer if possible?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok will turn it to zero and if that fixes it I will submit rating . Thank you

OK thanks!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
A few ice cubes were made which is what has been happening yesterday . I'm giving it til tonite to see if the ice is back to full .

OK great

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry Haven't got back to you sooner but still not making much ice , just a few a day . Cant figure it out . Any suggestions ?

Can you see if the mold is all filling up you may have a water supply issue to the icemaker, then only a cube or two would be made.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The only line I can find is what looks like a drainage line in back of freezer with a trough that looks like could be a little moldy but can't find water supply line ??

The water supply line enters the rear of the icemaker to fill the trough

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do appreciate your responses but I'm not sure how to acces the water line with the subzero . It is a built in and when I look into the freezer the ice maker is on the roof and can not see any waterline . Looked into manual and there is no diagram of where it is . That's been my problem from the start to see of clogged or still frozen . Like to heat with hair dryer. It's very frustrating because stopped working when left door open . Dont want to call technician for 150 dollars to be something simple . Also I see a charge on my account for 25 and 5 dollars does that money go to you once I review or is ther an additional cost . Appreciate your time Scott

Look under the unit where the kick plate is do you see the water valve and line there?

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician