John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have Four Frigidaire FT5BD-042k a/c units outside of our

Customer Question

I have Four Frigidaire FT5BD-042k a/c units outside of our house. The fan on one is running backwards and draws the air down through the grill on the top while with the other three, the air is expelled through the grill on the top. I think the one fan is wired wrong. What do I need to do to correct the fan direction. Thanks.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

You are correct, that one is in backwards, if it is the original fan it needs to be replaced, if it is a new fan motor it is wired incorrectly... in that case I need a photo of the wiring diagram glued to the outside of the fan motor in order to instruct you on how to wire it correctly.... that will be difficult or maybe impossible I know, but its our only choice.