John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have 3 GE 50 pint dehumidifiers and they all stopped

Customer Question

I have 3 GE 50 pint dehumidifiers and they all stopped 'dehumidifying" They run but no water is in the bucket. The reading shows 60 or 65 percent humidity when I turn them on and I set the desired level to 50% or 45% in basement situations, but nothing is happening. 2 of them are 2011 models that we bought at Sam's club, and the 3rd was purchased a little later than that - can you give me any suggestions. I don't see any icing up and they had worked great until recently. I hate to think that they all last only 4-5 years!
Thanks.
LS
Minocqua, WI
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

Are the compressors coming on with each unit or are you hearing just the fan?