Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My ge profile ice maker tray is jammed : won't pull out : it

Customer Question
my ge profile ice maker...
my ge profile ice maker tray is jammed
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: won't pull out
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: it must have been in wrong because it was filled with ice cycles
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
5/26/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 year ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assist you with your refrigerator today. If the tray won't pull out try to heat up the tray with a hair dryer in case there is ice jamming up the bucket from pulling out. Other than that, if it's thawed out and it's jammed, there isn't must you can do but left up and pull forward while wiggling.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
GE profile PSDS3YGXCFSS
is there a way to turn the ice maker off? I can't get the tray to release.

The only way to turn the icemaker. There is not without being able to reach in to the side of the icemaker to turn it off. On the side of the icemaker near the front there is a switch you move to turn the icemaker off.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was finally able to fix it by myself.

ok...

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc