Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I PRESENTLY HAVE 3 GRIND AND BREW COFFEE MAKERS. ALL OF THEM

Customer Question

I PRESENTLY HAVE 3 GRIND AND BREW COFFEE MAKERS. ALL OF THEM GIVE ME TROUBLE WHEN I TRY TO REMOVE THE COFFEE BEAN HOLDER. (WE HAVE ANOTHER HOME IN THE CARIBBEAN WHERE CUISINART RESORT IS.) THE HOLDERS REFUSE TO RELEASE UNTIL MY HUSBAND PRYS THEM OUT THEM OUT WITH SCISSORS. I HAVE PREVIOUSLY HAD 3 OTHERS AND THEY NEVER GAVE ME A PROBLEM. PLEASE TELL ME THE SECRET OF REMOVING THE BEAN HOLDERS WHEN TRYING TO CLEAN THE MACHINE. IT IS SO FRUSTRATING THAT I AM CONSIDERING GETTING RID OF THESE AND BUYING SOMETHING ELSE. WE DO LOVE THE COFFEE THAT IT MAKES. THANK YOU
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

That design often gets wedged in the top of the unit so you could either put a small amount of olive oil around the outer bean holder to keep it from sticking to the sides wedging in or install a piece of foam on the inside edge to keep the plastic from binding against the other plastic...other than that you may want to check for a different design. Lastly try not to press the bean holder to hard down as well.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!