Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

F11 error whirlpool duet washer

Customer Question

f11 error whirlpool duet washer
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your washer today. It sounds like you already know this is a communication error because you've checked the wire connections already. Now technically this could be a faulty CCU or MCU and there is no way to test and know for certain which board has failed, but on this older duet model, the issue is almost always the CCU which is the control board above the tub. Over time the shaking from the washer tends to cause some solder joints to crack and create a bad connection on this board which is why the error usually occurs. Either way, below is a link to the CCU you'll want to replace first. Since this is an issue you can't test to be 100% certain it's not the MCU, the link I'm giving you is one of the only places I know that will take returns on control boards in case you need the other board. CLICK HERE for control board CCU We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.