Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I cannot get my heating element to come on. I have checked

Customer Question
all the sensors and thermostats...
I cannot get my heating element to come on. I have checked all the sensors and thermostats they all have continuity. there are 2 wires on the element red/blue. with power on and drying running, I checked these wires....the red has 120, 0 on the blue
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have also checked the dryer is receiving full 240 .....120 on each leg and 240 across both legs
5/23/2016
Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
bonzaco
Hi and Good Morning - can you confirm that you've 240 volts across the two lets of the heater - I wasn't sure if the last statement referred to the appliance input voltage or the volatage at the heater? Thanks ~ Ian
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I get 240 going into the dryer, but not at the heating element
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am going to work and won't be back until around 6:30 pm cst. you can contact me @(###) ###-####from 7am to 5pm
Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
OK you are missing a neutral supply to the heater - multimeter and check it back to the main pct.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm not sure what you are referring to by "neutral supply". There are 2 wires on the element. 1 blue 1 red
Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
OK for the heater to work you have to have a positive & negative supply to form the circuit. From what you have told me if you put your meter between I terminal on the heater and earth you have 240 volts ac. This tells me that you have a positive supply to the heater but you dont have a negative supply ie you dont have a complete circuit only one side of a circuit. This only gives you half the voltage 120 volts No complete circuit no heating, heater wont work on 120 V
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
on my first contact this is what I sent...
I cannot get my heating element to come on. I have checked all the sensors and thermostats they all have continuity. there are 2 wires on the element red/blue. with power on and drying running, I checked these wires....the red has 120, 0 on the blue ..then I sent.I have also checked the dryer is receiving full 240 .....120 on each leg and 240 across both legs .I don't know what else you need...I never said I was getting 240 to the element IF I were we would not be having this conversation because it would heat so I don't understand where you are coming from.....Again, I am getting full current to the dryer, but the blue terminal on my element has no power. if we cannot go forward from this information, perhaps this is not going to work out............
Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
I dont know how much clearer I can be, the element is switched on and off by the main pcb which is directed to do so by the thermostats & thermistors. You have indicated that these work. One side of the supply is connected to the dryer heater all the time the other side is switched. Currently you have only got one side connected so you need with a multimeter to find where the other side is fed from and then ascertain whether it is a fault with the cables or the main pcb The heater needs 240 volts at the two heater element connector tags. Are you getting 240volts at the dryer heater tags or not?? I am not interested in you having 120 volts the element will not work on 120 volts only 240
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Again there are 2 wires on the element and I am getting 120 to the red but nothing to the blue so No I am Not getting 240 to the element....I have said this 3 times.....red wire on element has 120 blue wire on element has ZERO. I also said I replaced the Main Control Board and this did not take care of the problem...I have NOT replaced the timer...now is this clear enough?? If not let me know what other info you need
Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
If you start up the appliance and put one probe of you multimeter on the case and the other on the red wire connector at the heater what voltage do you get?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just started it....while running red wire has 124
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is at the element
Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
OK same again at the blue wire to case?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Blue wire to case 124.... But when I put 1 lead on the blue and one lead on the red at the same time while running i get no reading
Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
OK this time put one probe on the red and one on the blue but not connected to the heater element and tell me what you get?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok Bonanza..i get absolutely 0
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm sorry I misspelled you name
Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
Right in that case what you will have to do is follow the cables back to where they come from and see if you can find any breaks - that is both cables. Is the replacement power module new?I have to head off to work for a few hours now so will ping you when I get back in say 4 hours.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The module was new but after running a test I found on utube of how to check the module the old and new module checked out to be good. I have checked the wiring and continuity is flowing through them but I can recheck them. I too have to be going to work but I won't be near the dryer until about 6:30 pm c.s.t. If you want me to send you a message when I am back near the dryer I can
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just to let you know I did check the centrifugal switch on the motor and it checked out.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm here if you have anything for me
John, Home Appliance Technician