Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Im showing F1 on my maytag dryer JA: Sometimes appliance

Customer Question
Im showing F1 on my...
Im showing F1 on my maytag dryer
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Dryer was working fine. Went to put a new load in and when I press start-sensing light is lite and F1 starts to flash
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I know of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
5/23/2016
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago
Joel Swenson
Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.Unfortunately that error means there is a shorted relay on the main control board and the board will need to be replaced. If you give me the model number of the dryer I will give you the replacement board part number and a place where you can order it.******************************************************************************* We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed. Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call. Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks! After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing. NOTE PLEASE READ: When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system. Thank You! Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How much does one of those cost?? Where would In find the model number?
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago
Ok so I will need the model number to find the board it needs, they are all different depending on model number, the model number is ***** on a tag on the facing of the dryer frame behind the door, just open the dryer door and you will see the tag with the model and serial number on it.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
MED6600TQo
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago
ok thanks for that give me just a minute to look this up for you.
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago
Dryer Electronic Control BoardPart #: W10111614 - click here for price and ordering information at searsalso here is a video that will show how to get to the control board, and you may want to just watch the video and check out the wiring going to the board to make sure its not a burned or loose wire at the board if not order and replace the board.click here for videoplease remember to rate the answer before you leave this evening, thank you very much.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you!
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago
You are welcome thanks for using JA and please do not forget to give the answer a rating, thanks again.
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson