Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Dacor ecd2305ch double oven. Top oven goes to Pre Heat at

Customer Question

Dacor ecd2305ch double oven. Top oven goes to Pre Heat at 135 Degree Fahrenheit and stays there without heating the oven at all. Do I need to replace the "upper oven hi temp limit" sensor?
Also since we have purchased this oven 12 years ago, it gave an F4 error after using the bottom oven. The beep comes on at random after use of the oven. What could it be?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your oven. So the first thing you want to do is open the upper oven door and remove the screws going into the vent panel above the oven that runs across the door latch. Remove this panel. Next to the door latch or just behind it is a 1" round black and silver device with a tiny red button on the center/top of it. This is your high limit switch. You don't need to replace this switch. If it's tripped, you just press the red button hard and if it clicks then it reset. If it doesn't click, you have a different problem which would be a bad heating element or a bad upper oven relay control board. To know which one is bad, just turn your oven onto broil and see if the upper oven will heat on broil or not. If it doesn't heat on broil, then your element isn't the problem and the upper oven relay board will need to be replaced. As for the F4 error, this means that your oven thinks the oven sensor for the bottom oven isn't reading accurately. Since the issue is sporadic it's hard to know if there is a wire issue between the sensor and the board, or the sensor just needs to be replaced. The sensor is the 3-4" long thin metal rod that coming out of the back oven wall near the top to monitor the temperature. Since the issue is sporadic, you can't really do any testing so if the issue continues you can replace the sensor first, otherwise you're looking at a bad wiring harness going down to the sensor making a bad connection sometimes. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I pressed on the red button and the F4 beep started for the bottom oven. I assume that since the pressing the red button activated the the F4, therefore it is most likely not the high limit switch. i tried the Broil and nothing came on. Per your comment, it appears it is most likely the relay board. looking at the electrical diagram that came with the oven, there is a "Main Relay Board". It this what you are referring to? if so, how could I replace it? because the height does not give much room for access. Do I need to un screw something to slide out the whole oven or is there an easier way?
finally what is the part number for the Main Relay Board?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
The reset button has nothing to do with the F4 error. As for how to replace the relay board which it does sound like is your problem, you'd need to pull the entire double oven out about 15 inches or so and then you can remove a sheet metal access panel on the top to access the board for replacement. The control board part number for the top oven is 92029 and below is a link to the part. CLICK HERE for control board We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.