Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My Whirlpool h2low washer doesn't seem to spin and drain.

Customer Question

My Whirlpool h2low washer doesn't seem to spin and drain. When cycle is done clothes are soaking wet. I have tried just the spin and drain cycle and that worked a couple of times but not anymore. Now the lid lock light is blinking and the lid is locked and I can't get it open. I tried holding the button down for 3 seconds to cancel but that doesn't work either
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I know of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

Unplug the machine for at least 30 minutes. See if the behavior changes when plugged back in and let me know, please. That is going to reset the electronic controls.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will try that and let you know later.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry it took so long to get back to you. When I plugged it back in all of the lights were out so I set it to spin and drain and it did. I put another load in and set it for bulky wash and again it did not drain. I set it to spin and drain and it did.
This is a 2012 model top loader. It seems that it is ignoring the part of the cycle that tells it to spin and drain.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like the pump is not getting energized in the regular cycle, which leads me to believe the issue is related to the electronic control. When it stops with the tub full of water when it should be draining, does the pump not even come on, no noise at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure. I will have to stand there and wait to see. I will let you know. I will rate you when this is done.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

No worries, thank you so much.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am just waiting to get enough together to do a load - I live alone so don't have enough - I will try tonight
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. I apologize if you received an automated message, I have no control over those. Any message from me will be seen in this thread.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought that might be it but also wanted to let you know why I hadn't got back to you.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I appreciate that, thank you.