Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My oven is flashing f 10 what should i do JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

my oven is flashing f 10 what should i do
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: cooking swordfish in the oven. Now it is flashing f-10. what should i do
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

F10 means that your oven thinks your oven sensor is shorted. This is either a bad oven sensor or a bad display relay control board. This may reset when the oven cools down but for now unfortunately you won't be able to finish cooking your sword fish. You'll want to unplug the unit and wait until it cools down. Then if the error comes back you have a problem. You can't test the board but you can test the sensor. Open the door and remove the 3-4" long thin metal rod attached to the back wall. There are 2 screws holding the sensor on that you can remove and then pull the sensor forward until you can disconnect it. With a multimeter, check the resistance of the sensor at room temperature and it should be about 1080 ohms. If it's not, replace the sensor, otherwise you need to replace your relay board.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Interesting and informative. I figured it out, however, before receiving your kind response just now. I hit the breaker in the fuse box and then turned it back on. Did the trick! Thanks!
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

No problem. I'm glad it's up and running again! Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?