Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Danby Dishwasher DDW1899WP doesn't drain after last rinse

Customer Question

Danby Dishwasher DDW1899WP doesn't drain after last rinse cycle. Dryer light blinks and machine hums, but no drainage of water. All other cycles (pre-rinse and wash) drain correctly and completely.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! If it is humming, it is either the pump is faulty and fails probably after getting too hot or the voltage from the control is too low to make it run. You will need to measure the voltage at the pump to determine what is happening. Do you have a meter to test it with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't. Since these pumps are so cheap I figure it's cheaper to try and replace it before I buy a multimeter, although I have been itching for a reason to buy one.I just figured it wasn't the pump because the previous cycles drain so quickly and easily.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
No way to tell without a meter, it can be so many things. I would replace the pump.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could we switch to a different expert? I respect your expertise, but ideally I'd like a bit more guidance.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Of course, maybe another can help without having any additional input.