Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

The maytag centennial mvwc2ooxw3 only works on warm or hot I

Customer Question

the maytag centennial mvwc2ooxw3 only works on warm or hot I replaced the water in let valve and switch still not working
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! What does it do when you select a cold wash? Does the cold work in the rinse cycle?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it does not work at all in cold.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Do you hear the cold valve trying to open, humming or buzzing?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Also, the rinse cycle is all cold water, so does it stall at the rinse part of the cycle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It opens as starts filling and then turns off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, on that machine, a cold wash is not just cold water. It will add hot to mix to average a temperature of about 70* F, that is by design. Is that what you are getting with a cold wash?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
See the attached page. Is a cold wash just too warm, is that the concern?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The switch has 4 settings and will not work on 2 setting to the left . We punt in a new water inlet valve and timpurture control switch .
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
When you select a cold wash, what exactly happens?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It will start to feel far two seconds and then shut off
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, let's see what the control wants to tell us. The tech sheet is attached that shows how to enter the diagnostic routine. Can you do so and post what error codes come up, please?