Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a magnetic induction cooktop and vent model JP690 or

Customer Question

I have a magnetic induction cooktop and vent model JP690 or JP691 vent model JXDV69 bought in 1991. The cooktop doesn't work and the repairman says they don't make parts for it anymore. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't stay on. I want to know if you make a comparable unit today. I don't want to have to tear into the tile and countertop, etc. recommendations for a replacement?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! Due to the age of the unit, you are not going to find a direct replacement. The cutout will likely need to be modified. I cannot locate the exact dimension for your unit (too old for digital literature, only User Manual) to compare. The induction units now offered by GE are below. If you can get me the cutout dimensions I can look deeper for you. CLICK HERE