Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Model MHWE201YWOO front loader sometimes gets out of balance

Customer Question

Model MHWE201YWOO front loader sometimes gets out of balance and stops during spin cycle, and I can't open the door to redistribute the load! Pushing the various buttons doesn't help! Rerunning the load has worked so far...HELP
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Rerunning the load is about the only normal option to get the unit to balance and start over. The only other option is to manually unlock the door an redistribute the clothing. If it came down to that because re-running the load doesn't complete and it just can't balance the load you'll need to unlock the door by removing the 3 screws along the bottom of the lower front panel. The panel will then pull straight down and off. Once you remove this panel you can reach up behind the upper front panel and pull down on the small plastic pull tab attached to the bottom of the door lock assembly. This will manually unlock the door so you can open the door. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.