John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

Dpsb513eb0cc Dryer shuts off after 3 min and will restart immediately

Customer Question

Dpsb513eb0cc Dryer shuts off after 3 min and will restart immediately after we hit the start button again then shuts again after 3 min. Unit works on air dry and what I mean it does not shut down, replaced dryer vent hose and verified no blockage in unit or vent
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Either the high limit thermostat has blown, or the heater element has opened. Check the thermostat first. If you an volt/ohm meter use the ohms scale. If you don't have a meter, you can remove the wires and connect them together to bypass the thermostat. The part number for the thermostat is 276438, and the price is $51.20. The part number for the heater element is 844418, and the price is $106.41. The parts are available at www.repairclinic.com. Repair videos are available at the website. Using the expert's rating scale, found at the top of your screen, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my answer. I'm not paid, until you rate my service to you. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
If you don't need more help, will you please take a moment to rate my service to you? Thank you.