Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My Frigidaire dryer is giving me a paused symble when I try

Customer Question

My Frigidaire dryer is giving me a paused symble when I try to start it....how do I fix it
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: It acts as though the motor wants to start then says paused and won't do anything
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly. When you say paused symbol what does it look like?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has no symbol it says the word paused
What is the complete model number
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
FASE7073LA0
Does the motor even try to run or does it instantly say PAUSE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it acts as though its going to try to start up but then how's to say paused
The motor is likely bad or seized up, when it draws too much current it will do that so you need to check the motor. All I ask is please rate my service at the top of your page with the star rating link before leaving thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I check the motor....I tried to spin the motor by hand its not hard to spin, so I do not think its seized up or locked up
Then the board is bad, if the motor is free and spins by hand fine replace the board in the console
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The board lights up and everything it goes to start but then says paused
You can check for power to the motor with a volt meter but if there is not any I would replace the board in the console.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok....well do far you have not helped me with the problem so I better not be charged on my credit card ....so what do I got to do to end your service
Can you get to the board on the unit? and do you have a jumper wire?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not at home rite now
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! The tech sheet for your machine is attached. Following its instructions, can you please retrieve and post any stored error codes?