Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I need to repace my 23.3 cubic ft GE profile frig. The model…

Customer Question
I need to repace my...
I need to repace my 23.3 cubic ft GE profile frig. The model I have is no longer made. What can I replace it wit?. I need one that is an exact fit to my old frig.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
5/15/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Can I get your full model number located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section? Without the model number I have no way to know the dimensions to know what would work in place of the old refrigerator. An alternative is that you can measure the cabinet height and width and that will let me know what refrigerators will work. Also are you looking for a cabinet depth refrigerator or is standard depth (where the refrigerator sticks out further than the cabinet) better so you have more space?
There are 3 Model Numbers on the inside of my frig door. They are TPX24PR, TPX24BR, and TPX24SR. I assume they are pretty much the same. The important thing for me is to find a frig that will accept wood panels on the doors to match my cabinets and more importantly, fit in the exact same space without having to modify my frig cabinet.---Don
The frig door lists the dimensions of the frig as follows: 68 1/4 H, 35 3/4 W, and 28 1/8 D. It is flush with counter top(Cabinet depth). And, No, I do not have more space.--Don
Unfortunately they don't make that style refrigerator anymore. What you're looking for doesn't exist. You can either change your cabinets and buy a built-in refrigerator so that the panels will match your cabinets, or you can get a refrigerator with the same dimensions but it'll be stainless/black/white etc... The style refrigerator you have hasn't been made in years and was sort of an in-between built in refrigerator/free standing refrigerator which the industry has gone away with.