Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a may tag Gemini electric range and I do not have instructions

Customer Question

I have a may tag Gemini electric range and I do not have instructions on how to turn the center warming area on the cooktop on. I have hit the warming toggle switch but does not heat.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information? The tag is on the back, accessible by reaching over the control panel from the front and swiveling the metal tag up.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mer6765baw serial 13311603lx
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
On that model, you simply toggle the switch to the on position. If it is not warming, the switch, the burner or the wiring has problems. How old is the range? Do you have a meter to test with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No idea came with the house and no meter
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, well I suspect the burner element is most likely faulty. There is only one way to tell, that is by testing with a meter. I would call for service because that element is not cheap. The Owner's Manual is available below! CLICK HERE Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.