How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tyler Z. Your Own Question
Tyler Z.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 79509
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Tyler Z. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have a Samsung refrigerator that has started blinking 33

Customer Question

We have a Samsung refrigerator that has started blinking 33 E, our ice makers hasn't been working
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The fridge seems to be working okay, the ice maker hasn't worked probably for at least a couple of months.: you can hear the ice maker, like it's trying to make ice but doesn't work
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I don't think so..
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. So this 33E error code means that your fill tube heater has failed. There is a heater which slides around the fill tube back behind the icemaker where the water enters the icemaker and the unfortunately that heater will need to be replaced if you can't just reset the error. To reset the error, press and hold the upper right and upper left buttons on your dispenser control panel together for 5 seconds. If the error doesn't go away or the error goes away and comes back later, you'll need to replace the fill tube heater. You'll need to contact an appliance parts store to look up the part so you can order and replace it, or you will need to call a technician to replace the part for you. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?