Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a double oven C302US and the lower oven light will not

Customer Question
turn off. I thought...
I have a double oven C302US and the lower oven light will not turn off. I thought it was a faulty oven light switch (perhaps stuck in the "open" position) so I replaced that switch but it dod not solve the problem - light is still on all the time.
I read on line that sometimes it i s a problem with the latch that engages during self clean, so I tried running a self clean cycle. When I do that the light turns off!
Very confused . . . can anyone help?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
5/13/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 year ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Unfortunately you're problem is going to be a faulty touch control button. The relay on your control board is still working since the light shuts off when setting it to self clean and the door switch is working because you replaced it which means that the touch button on the touchpad has just failed and doesn't know you're pushing the oven light button. You can try to flip the circuit breaker off to see if the control board will reset, but other than that the touchpad would need to be replaced. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The upper oven light obeys the "oven light" button on the control panel, but the lower oven light stays on. So how can the control panel be bad if the upper oven light is working fine?
There is just one oven light button shared by both ovens?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
yes. Upper works fine (is off when the oven is closed, is on when the oven is open, and obeys the "oven light" button on the control panel). Lower oven light is always on (whether the door is open or closed).
OK well if there is only one oven light button on the control panel shared by both ovens and the upper oven works fine, something is going on with the door latch assembly since the door switch was replaced. One of the switches on the door latch is not working properly.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
so what's the fix? Its a thermador C302US
Replace the bottom oven door latch assembly. Below is a link to the part. CLICK HERE for latch assembly
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok thanks I'll try it.
ok good luck.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc