Stefan T
Stefan T, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home Appliance Technician at AST Enterprises
93058382

I replaced the ice maker assembly and the main control board

Customer Question

I replaced the ice maker assembly and the main control board in my Frigidaire LGUB2642LF3 after ice maker thermistor was ripped out and wires shorted the main board. The unit now has power, the display blinks with 0 degrees freezer and 35 degrees frig. but will not do anything else. there is a clicking sound coming from the ice dispenser in the door, sounds like the flapper. Is there a way to reset the unit and get it working now? thanks Billy.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Stefan T replied 1 year ago.
Hi I am Stefan give me a few minutes to look it up.
Expert:  Stefan T replied 1 year ago.
Is the ice maker in the freezer or refrigerator?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a French door with bottom freezer. this ice maker is in the top left of the refrigerator.
Expert:  Stefan T replied 1 year ago.
First check the following:Press and hold for three (3) seconds to turn the ice maker “ON” or “OFF”. The ice maker is turned off when the LED above the “Ice Off” icon is illuminated. Turning the ice maker “OFF” disables the ice dispensing feature. Neither “CUBE” nor “CRUSH” will operate with the ice maker “OFF”
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That doesn't change anything, won't turn off.. O and 37 keep flashing and beeping. Nothing else works.
Expert:  Stefan T replied 1 year ago.
ok one minute.
Expert:  Stefan T replied 1 year ago.
Are you getting any error codes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing, just the 0 and 37 flashing. I tried to hold both up arrows to find codes but it won't do anything.
Expert:  Stefan T replied 1 year ago.
You can try to unplug the refrigerator then push power button for 10 sec then plug it in and see if the works.
Expert:  Stefan T replied 1 year ago.
The Frigidaire refrigerator has a control lock feature that prevents use of its control panel or dispensers when the unit is locked. When the control lock is active, a beep sounds when a key pad or dispenser is pressed. Release the control lock by pressing the “Control Lock” icon for three seconds. A beep will sound, and the icon's light will go out.A power reset is occasionally necessary if the Frigidaire refrigerator's control panel does not work normally or a reset function key pad does not work. A power reset involves disconnecting power to the refrigerator by unplugging its power cord from the electrical outlet, and then waiting 30 seconds and plugging the power cord back into the electrical outlet. When the control panel resets, a beep sounds. If the refrigerator beeps even after a power reset and the beeps' source is not known, contact Frigidaire directly.You may need to remove all power by unplugging for up to 30 MINUTES
Expert:  Stefan T replied 1 year ago.
In case you do not have it or cant find it here is the tech sheet. Paste into your browser: ftp://ftp.electrolux-na.com/ProdInfo_PDF/Anderson/240389646.pdf
Expert:  Stefan T replied 1 year ago.
I am still available to help further although it might not be until tomorrow. If everything works out let me know and you can credit my work with a 3+ rating.
Expert:  Stefan T replied 1 year ago.
You can leave any further questions and I will answer them tomorrow.