Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Frigidaire gallery dishwasher won't drain JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

My Frigidaire gallery dishwasher won't drain
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: the dishwasher was turned on this morning for a cycle and it did not drain at the end and dishes were not all clean. Main problem is that ther is like 2-3 inches of water in the bottom.
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will someone respond soon to my question?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your dishwasher. Do you happen to have a model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the TUB and can be seen if you open the door?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
FRIG2466QF4A
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did you get this?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, but your model number doesn't appear to be correct. Can you please check again? Something in the beginning is definitely not correct.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry it is FGID2466QF4A
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK that works, and did you replace the garbage disposal by chance before this issue occurred?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no - garbage disposal is working fine
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
ok so you'll need to pull the dishwasher out and disconnect the drain hose below the dishwasher. Of course before you do this you'll want to manually drain out as much water inside the dishwasher as you can with a wet vac or cups and towels. Now you'll need to blow compressed air through the drain hose to make sure it's clear. If it's clear, the next step is to remove the drain pump and make sure something isn't jamming the impeller on the pump. The drain pump is part 60 on the diagram in the link below. There is just a plastic locking tab you depress and then the entire pump rotates counter clockwise 90 degrees and pulls off. CLICK HERE for diagram Other than that if the drain pump is clear and the drain hose is clear, reconnect everything and try again. If it doesn't drain then you either have a bad drain pump or a bad control board. You'd need a multimeter to test power down at the drain pump to see if you have 110 volts when it should be draining. If not, then replace the control board, otherwise replace the drain pump. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?