Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

We have a Maytag Washer approximately 20 t0 25 years old. When

Customer Question
a load of clothes is...
We have a Maytag Washer approximately 20 t0 25 years old. When a load of clothes is washed it leaks approx. a cup of water on the floor. No pipes are loose.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
5/11/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 year ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
There are several things that can leak, but you'll want to remove the front panel of your washer in order to see what is leaking. There should be screws near the the bottom of the front panel that you can unscrew and then the front panel will pull off so you can watch the cycle. If the water is leaking from above the tub on the left side, your injector hose is leaking and would need to be replaced. If the water is leaking from the center below the tub where the transmission goes up through the tub, that means your main bearing and seal is leaking. That's a very expensive repair at about $300 so if it's leaking it may not be worth fixing but that is completely up to you. As for any other leak, it would just be a bad hose or the drain pump most likely and should be fairly obvious once looking and determining where it's leaking from as to what part needs to be replaced. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc