Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a wolf oven that doesn't bring the temperature to

Customer Question

I have a wolf oven that doesn't bring the temperature to what is set on the digital display. Does it need to be recalibrated?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a model number for your oven and how far off is the temperature when set to 350 degrees? Does you your model use a turn knob to adjust the temperature or is it a digital touchpad?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a 30" (762) built-in double oven Model #DO30F and DO30U with the double oven control panel.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I set the oven for 350 it only goes to 325.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK perfect, thank you. First, let's make sure you're testing the temperature correctly. Often time people will think that their oven temperature has become inaccurate. This could be true, but the first thing you want to do is test to see if this is the case. Get a cheap oven thermostat from a local grocery store. Place the thermostat inside the oven directly in the center of the cavity. Turn the oven on to 350 degrees. When the preheat light goes off or the oven is done preheating the thermostat will not read correctly. The thermostat should always be lower than the 350 degrees you set the oven at because it weighted. Think of it as a piece of meat, the meat doesn’t automatically heat up to 200 degrees, it takes a roast several hours just to get to 140 degrees. The thermostat isn’t as big so it doesn’t take as long, but you should wait at least 30 minutes when testing the temperature to get an accurate reading. If it still doesn’t check correctly then you have a faulty control board or a faulty thermostat and it will just need to be replaced. There are no adjustments for this oven so you can remove the oven sensor toward the top coming out of the back of your oven and then test resistance through it if you have a multimeter. At room temperature the thermostat should read 1080 ohms or so. If it's off by more than 5% then you need to replace the thermostat. If it's accurate, then your control board is just not controlling the temperature properly and the main control board would need to be replaced. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?