Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a GE electric ignition stove, model JGBP32SEM1SS, how

Customer Question

I have a GE electric ignition stove, model JGBP32SEM1SS, how do I get it working again
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! What exactly is happening with the range, please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The gas was turned off for non payment, I got that resolved and had the gas company out to relight my water heater and other gas appliances except my stove. I was at work and couldn't ask questions, but my mom was here. the worker told my mom that it was electric and that it would come back on and it didn't
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Does the range spark when you turn a burner on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes it does
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, so the top burners will light okay?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, good. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok sure
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The oven uses electric igniters, too. However, the igniters in the oven are not the sparking type but a hot surface igniter. Once the oven is turned on, the igniters will take about 2 minutes to get hot enough and open the gas valve. I suspect you are not allowing enough time to open the valve. Can you turn the oven on and see if it lights in a couple of minutes, please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok +
33333333333333333333333333333the oven and not the stovetop right
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Lots of 3s there! :)
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
And yes, the oven.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the oven is lighting and heating up !!!!!!!!!! How about the stove top
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Excellent! Go ahead and turn a couple burners on. Let's make sure it is all going to work for you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still just clicking
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Do you have them on high?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no just light will do
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
It probably needs to purge the air from the burners. If the oven is working the gas is getting to it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nothing yet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its been off for two months or so
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
If you just put it on high, it won't spark but it will purge the air. Try that until you smell gas.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still not working, my cousin said he can see under the stove top has these gas leads from the switch to the individual burners and two of them are bent and have holes in them and one is not in the hole for the switch
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Will the burners light with a match?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
didn't try too scared to try, I have a lighter, light the ones that are not broken right
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Are the gas tubes broken or the ignition electrodes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
gas tubes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
one gas tube is disconnected as well as broken
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Oh, if the gas tubes are broken, you need to turn the gas off and get those repaired. Was the top lifted with force?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
probably
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The parts for that model are shown and available below. CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok will do thank you
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
See numbers 20 & 22.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!