Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

MY GE Monogram Side by side refrig keeps beeping. The temp

Customer Question
MY GE Monogram Side by...
MY GE Monogram Side by side refrig keeps beeping. The temp settings are OK and the refrig and freezer are maintaining temp, but it keeps beeping
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The drawer at the bottom of the refer compartment seems to be having trouble keeping the temp in the drawer constant. When I push and hold the Control Lock button, the beeping stops, but resumes a few minutes later
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: The unit was installed in a new home in 2003. It has worked flawlessly since then. It started with this beeping a few days ago
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
5/9/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 year ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly. What is the complete model number?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ZISS480DMBS
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
SN: ZD039708
Unit was installed in April 2003
Is it cooling fine?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
yes. Temp in the freezer and refer box seem normal. The temp in the Climate Control Drawer at the bottom of the refer box keeps bouncing around ... from 35 to 43 and back to 35.
Yes it may be a temp alarm or door alarm code is the door switch working fine?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes, the door switch is working fine. It seems like the temp alarm for the Climate Control Drawer is malfunctioning. I can't control the temp on the drawer. It keeps beeping and the temperature readout keeps bouncing around. Normally , I could set the temp on that drawer and it will hold, but I can't do that now. When I hold down the Control Lock button the beeping stops for a few seconds, but when I let up on it, the beeping continues.
Yes check this link out and replace the board I believe is the issue common problem CLICK HERE All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have the board removed. what is the best source for a replacement board?. It doesn't have a part number on it.
Part # ***** You can get it on AMAZON or REPAIRCLINIC.COM
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That P/N is for the entire shelf assembly. I need the P/N for the circuit board itself.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have found PN WR55X 10159 that looks exactly like the circuit board that I have. GE says it replaces WR55X 10098 and 100694Does that make sense to you?
Yes that would be the new number that is fine
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
GE seems to show that control board as the controller for the digital display that is inside the refrigerator unit at the top of the compartment. This board is in the unit that is just above the Climate Control Drawer. Are these control boards the same P/N ? If so, there must be two in my unit.
That appears to be the board here is the assemblyhttp://www.repairclinic.com/vwo12/PartDetail/Shelf-Assembly/WR60X10270/1478050CLICK HERE
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The circuit board is indeed contained within that unit, but the actual board seems to be WR55X 10159. I removed the circuit board from WR60x 10270 and compared it visually to the images that are shown under that P/N. They look identical.
Yes you can just order the board if you wish for sure
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can you verify that P/N WR55X 10159 is the correct board for that location in the unit? It seems that there is another on just like it to drive the display at the top of the fresh food compartment.
What part number shows on the old board?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The only P/N I can find is EBX1022P00There is also a sticker on the back of the board that shows: Computime Ltd. 197D4276 50F below that appear the numbers 0232
There is nothing showing the board on the unit separately it may look the same, but likely programming is different for it.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Replacing the board is easy if/when I can find the right board. I find it hard to believe that GE's documentation is so poor that they don't even show a board within this unit. Paying $576 for a complete unit with the right board in it seems ridiculous when the board can be replaced for $84 ... IF it's the right part.
I have checked the service manual and all literature, you could try it out and if it did not work return the board. They do that often on the 48" units as they are expensive and really do not sell parts on that thing cheap at all.
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician