Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The thermostat buttons on my model79577302600 Kenmore Regrif

Customer Question

The thermostat buttons on my model79577302600 Kenmore Regrif say off and won't change
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: My refrigerator is now getting warm and I cannot change the temperture higher. The screen says "off"
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: There was a power outage for a moment last night.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
You should be able to open the refrigerator doors and then press and hold the refrigerator or the freezer temperature colder (down) button for 5 seconds to turn the refrigerator back on. If not then try to unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If it still doesn't work, the display board would just shorted from the power outage so you need to order and replace part number ABQ33905309. Below is a link to the part. It comes with the display board, touchpad, light housing and everything. CLICK HERE for display control We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?