Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a GE Profile microwave oven. This morning set the timer

Customer Question

I have a GE Profile microwave oven. This morning set the timer for 30 seconds, opened the oven after 20 seconds to remove one of tow items. The oven continues to run and will not shut off. I have tried "clear all' , "back" but nothing works. Each time I close the door it still says 10 seconds and runs but does not count down. HELP!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! Unplug the microwave for 5 minutes and see what happens, please. Just post back any changes, please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No result. The oven still runs when door is closed.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Is it heating or just the fan running? If you place a cup of water in there, does it get warm?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wait a minute I will try the water bit
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The water heats and the fan runs
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, unplug the microwave please right away. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cannot unplug-mounted over range. Using circuit breaker to turn off.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The main power control board has a welded relay and it will need to be replaced (the board). It is shown as number 1655 in the diagram at the link below. CLICK HERE The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! CLICK HERE Unless you are familiar with high voltage microwave repair, I would not suggest you attempt this repair. However, if you would like to proceed with repair, I can get you the information you will need. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, I have my own electrician in town that I trust. Will call him tomorrow. Thanks for the assist.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!