Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Gast stove top igniter, top left, clicking continuously. WE

Customer Question

Gast stove top igniter, top left, clicking continuously. WE pulled electric plug and it stopped, but resumed once plugged in again. Right now we are using stove and lighting with a match.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: GE tempered glass stovetop.
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Four burners. Probably about 15-18 years old.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your stove top. If the igniter continues to light, it means that your igniter switch below/behind the knob on one of your burner has a stuck contact. Now often times this issue occurs if water gets below the knob and drips onto the switch. Just start by unplugging the unit for 24 hours and let it dry out in case one of the switches got wet. After 24 hours to see if the clicking has stopped. If not, then the burner switch that failed will need to be replaced. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?