Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have a Whirlpool Cabrio Platnium washer that when you

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool Cabrio Platnium washer that when you start a cycle the water goes into the detergent tray and then it stops and blinks F then 51. Whats wrong. Model number WTW8800YC1
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Catigory My name is Woody. I will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College. I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt. You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer. I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.F then 51 flashes when there is a motor rotor position sensor (RPS) failure or lower harness problem.I recommend replacing the RPS unit.The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! http://www.repairclinic.com/vwo12/PartDetail/Whirlpool-Washing-Machine-Rotor-Position-Sensor/WPW10178988/1668992?modelNumber=WTW8800YC1&ss=a11b5d1137026&mr=1?rcaid=1000070 The RPS is located under the unit on the motor stator assembly here is a linkj to a video on the replacement of the RPS. If you have any questions just reply back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The guy I bought it from said the bearings were bad and that he replaced the plastic outer tub he also gave me another plastic tub that is brand-new as well so maybe he didn't put it in right what are the steps to replacing that I can that caused the error code
if he did not re install the RPS that could cause the error , but a bad install of the bearing would not cause the error.