Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a wf210 samsung front loading washer. I took it apart

Customer Question

I have a wf210 samsung front loading washer. I took it apart to replace a balancer ring, however turns out it is supposed to sound like that. But it was slowly starting to shake more and more when it started to ramp up speed. Once it got up in speed, it would spin fine. So I ordered new dampers and may have got bad ones on ebay? The front ones have almost an inch of free play, but I've done some research but can't find out if those are supposed to be that way or not. With it partially put back together, I ran it in service mode to spin it. When I told the dampers, so there is no free play, it spins fine. Also if I hold the springs, it runs fine. So maybe those supposedly new dampers were bad. They were super cheap. Before thinking these were bad parts, I ordered a new basket assembly and put that in and it still has the same problem. Then I read about the motor position sensor. Could it be that? The basket locks up via the magnets after it spins but stops when I turn off the washer aka cut power to the magnets.
I'm out of ideas and was going to buy the service manual. I was thinking of just ordering new springs, dampers, and a Motor position sensor when I thought about giving this a try.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! If holding the front shock absorbers makes it spin smoothly, it is likely that they are faulty. They should have resistance right from the start, there should be no free play in them to speak of.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.