Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Maytag Z, approx. 3 yrs. old. Over the last 6 months,

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Z, approx. 3 yrs. old. Over the last 6 months, has been less & less reliable with the spin cycle. Would try to spin, then stop and leave the door locked.
Sometimes worked better on Medium spin speed instead of High.
Yesterday, refused to spin at all.
Is this something I can fix? I am a pretty fair DIY'er.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly. Answer: Often on that unit this is a pump issue. If the pump filter is blocked or the pump is not pumping all the water out the unit will not spin, I would check that first as that is super common. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!