Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Samsung RFG298HDRS top Fridge/bottom freezer. It

Customer Question
I have a Samsung RFG298HDRS...
I have a Samsung RFG298HDRS top Fridge/bottom freezer. It start making a loud noise - like a fan hitting something when the fridge door is closed, and we are finding water on the bottom of the fridge.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I tried to remove the inside panel but with the door water filter assembly I could see how the panel comes off so I could see the fan or whatever was icing up.
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: The noise (fan) stops when I open the Fridge door.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
5/2/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 year ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.So unfortunately there is no recall, but this is a very common issue like you said. If the unit is less than a year old, then it will be covered under warranty, otherwise it is not. This is actually a very common issue with your refrigerator and the water is accumulating under the deli drawer at the bottom of the refrigerator because the drain line is backing up. If you look at part number 97 in the diagram below, this is the part you need to remove so that you can see the silver evaporator and the drain trough below it. Pull all the drawers out and remove this panel. Now I want to say that removing this panel can be very difficult. You may need to use a hair dryer and thaw out the panel for 30 minutes or so because sometimes the ice will prevent it from pulling off. There are sometimes 2 screws at the bottom of this panel that you need to remove and then it's just clipped in all the way around so you must pry and pull. Once you have the panel off, pour hot water down the drain hole until it's draining properly again. Once it's draining properly blow compressed air down to make sure it's clear. If you don't have compressed air, use a turkey baster to make sure the drain line is clear and draining properly. Then thaw all the frost out on the silver coils as well as around the fan with the hair dryer and that will be sure the noise goes away. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc