Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Kenmore elite 9D1B0149 Ice and water dispenser not receiving

Customer Question
Kenmore elite 9D1B0149 Ice and water...
Kenmore elite 9D1B0149
Ice and water dispenser not receiving water. Ice make mechanics working. Water line full pressure to fridge connections.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
model number 795.79753.904
5/2/2016
Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
bonzaco
OK when you press the button/lever for water can you hear a buzzing at the rear of the appliance?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes and when I press the button for the ice it does the same.
Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
OK can you get around the back of the appliance? If so you will see two joint connectors to the small bore supply pipe that runs up the back - come back to me when you have found them.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm away from home at this time. But I did disconnect the line at the top that runs down the back. No water come out.
Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
OK give me a ping when you're back home and we can continue the fault finding with you next to the appliance and resolve it hands on so to speak - Ian.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm back
Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
OK we need to establish why you are not getting water into the dispenser. So - firstly turn off the water at the supply, then disconnect the upper connector and then put water back on and depress the dispenser button and see if water comes out of the end on water dispense.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok no water
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The line from the bottom to top goes into fridge. Blue line comes out to the connection, that is what was disconnected. That line goes back into the fridge at a higher location
Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
OK then back to where the pipe from the water supply to the fridge connects and test it at that point. Same procedure, water off then disconnect, water on into bowl and then back off.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The water to fridge is good
Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
OK have you got a multimeter or voltage tester?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes voltage tester
Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
OK have you anyone with you that can press the button whilst you carry out some tests?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No but in about 45 there will be. What do I attach the ends to, and I'll do it when my son gets home. And report back at 4
Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
OK if you have a look at the water inlet valve you can see that there is a two pin connector that it plugs into, I need you to check that you have mains voltage by checking across the back of that connector, One probe in each connector hole. I'm here for the next couple of hours so come back to me when you are ready to go.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks for your help. Unable to continue today or tomorrow.
Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
OK no worries come back to me when you are free and we'll finish off here - Ian
John, Home Appliance Technician