Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Replacement part flap on our dryer vent,

Customer Question
We have to...

We have to replace the little missing flap on our dryer vent, and I am REALLY hoping I don't have to replace the entire dryer vent, because then I have to remove siding from my house. Can you please tell me where I can buy a replacement part so I can use the flap from that part to snap the flap onto my current vent? The size of the entire vent is 6" tall and 5" wide. Thanks!!! I'm adding a photo of it.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
5/1/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 year ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Thank you for the picture. You can get get a new vent damper (that is what this flap assembly is called) at a local hardware store like Home Depot or Lowes. Below is a link to the entire part if you'd like. You can replace the entire assembly or you can just take pieces off it to repair your existing vent if you'd like. CLICK HERE for damper assembly We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Thanks, ***** ***** at that link, but it's for the wrong product/size.

That is an 8" piece for a 6 inch duct, and ours is 6" x 5" for a 4 inch duct. Also, ours has 4 flaps and that photo has 3, so it wouldn't fit.

Can you tell/link me where to buy the right piece? Thanks!

Sorry, you are correct, that other one was for a 6" vent, a dryer vent is a 4" vent. You need the one in the link below. CLICK HERE for vent damper Ignore the dimensions listed, they are clearly not accurate.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc