Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

We have Kenmore Gas Range and I was in the process of pushing

Customer Question

we have Kenmore Gas Range and I was in the process of pushing the "oven clean", however, the oven door was open a little bit and now it won't automatically clean and we can't close the oven door...the function panel just has "dr" lite up and the "door lock keeps beeping...so we shut the breaker off...how do we get the oven door to shut so that we can clean the oven?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is Dave and I'm happy to help you. You need to make the control "think" the door is closed. Press in on the door switch and set the oven for clean and it will continue to try to lock the door. After a few seconds, press cancel and wait until it fully cancels and unlocks the latch and the door will be able to close again. Let me know how it goes for you.
Hello, do you have an update? How did it go?
I haven't heard from you. Do you still need help?