Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recently moved into an apt. there is a Frigidaire oven model

Customer Question
CFEF357AB5. Should the lower and...
Recently moved into an apt. there is a Frigidaire oven model CFEF357AB5. Should the lower and top element heat up when on "bake". At the moment only the lower element heats up and when set at 350 degrees according to the oven thermometer I purchased it only heats to 325 degrees.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
4/30/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 year ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
So to answer your first question, no the top element does not heat up on bake, it only heats when selecting broil. As for the oven temperature being off, this could be true, but the first thing you want to do is test to see if this is the case. Get a cheap oven thermostat from a local grocery store. Place the thermostat inside the oven directly in the center of the cavity. Turn the oven on to 350 degrees. When the preheat light goes off or the oven is done preheating the thermostat will not read correctly. The thermostat should always be lower than the 350 degrees you set the oven at because it weighted. Think of it as a piece of meat, the meat doesn’t automatically heat up to 200 degrees, it takes a roast several hours just to get to 140 degrees. The thermostat isn’t as big so it doesn’t take as long, but you should wait at least 30 minutes when testing the temperature to get an accurate reading. If it still doesn’t check correctly then you need to calibrate your oven thermostat. You could even have a faulty control board or a faulty thermostat and it will just need to be replaced. Most ovens can only be calibrated +/- 35 degrees so if its off by more than that, you have a faulty component. I believe to calibrate this oven you just need to press and hold the bake button for 5 seconds and then it will allow you to change the temperature offset to calibrate the oven. If that doesn't work then turn the temperature to 500 or 550 and then hold the bake button for 5 seconds and that should work. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc