Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Icemaker not making ice

Customer Question

Icemaker not making ice
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Good evening. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your refrigerator today. Does the water dispenser still dispense water normally?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not know how to check it
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
You just place a cup in your dispenser and push on the paddle to dispense water. Is it filling your glass up normally?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The water dispenser works well
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK great, so that means your filter has nothing to do with this problem because the filter would stop water to both the water dispenser and the icemaker if there was an issue. So probably the best thing to do is to make sure the arm on the icemaker is in the down position so it should cycle. Heat up the icemaker with a hair dryer for awhile in case there is ice built up somewhere stopping the icemaker from cycling. Then fill up the icemaker tray with about 8 hours of water using a turkey baster or something that allows you to get water in that tight area. Wait 24 hours and see if the icemaker cycles and dumps the ice or not. If it doesn't, your icemaker is just bad and would need to be replaced. If it cycles and dumps the ice but doesn't fill back up, either your water line going to the icemaker is frozen above the icemaker, or the electronic water valve on the back of your refrigerator has failed and the solenoid for the icemaker isn't opening to send water so the valve needs to be replaced. Below is a link to both the icemaker and the valve in case you need either. Just as an FYI, the icemakers fail OFTEN on Samsung refrigerators so by far the most likely culprit is just going to be a bad icemaker. CLICK HERE for icemaker CLICK HERE for valve We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Not a problem but I'm sorry to hear about your appliance issues. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?