How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bonzaco Your Own Question
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 1466
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
bonzaco is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Philco range from the 1950's Model number 418. I

Customer Question

I have a Philco range from the 1950's Model number 418. I need the support for an 8" electric burner. It has three arms and a Philco"P' in the center of it. It supports the electric element from rotating down into the boil over well. I also need the boil over wells too
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.
Does it look like this? --
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the thickness or width of the spider arm on the spare? T his width is important as to how the element sits on top of it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Picture of spider support.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.
I'm still looking at the moment, I just wanted to check that we were referring to the same item. 8" spiders are fairly rare and the likely hood of getting one with P in the centre.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need an 8"spider support to replace the original. A 6" spider support is not satisfactory and will not work. The original is from a Philco stove. The P in the center in not necessary. The replacement has to span 8 and1/8th inches. It must not be too thick in the arms so as to support the element in a level position above the boil over well.( approx. 3/16 height or so.) I also need replacement parts for the boil over well itself.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.