bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

I have a Philco range from the 1950's Model number 418. I

Customer Question

I have a Philco range from the 1950's Model number 418. I need the support for an 8" electric burner. It has three arms and a Philco"P' in the center of it. It supports the electric element from rotating down into the boil over well. I also need the boil over wells too
Category: Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.
Does it look like this? -- http://www.espares.co.uk/product/es486460/universal-cooker-hotplate-spider-support?pageNumber=4&ApplianceTypeId=1092&ManufacturerId=771
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the thickness or width of the spider arm on the spare? T his width is important as to how the element sits on top of it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Picture of spider support.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.
I'm still looking at the moment, I just wanted to check that we were referring to the same item. 8" spiders are fairly rare and the likely hood of getting one with P in the centre.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need an 8"spider support to replace the original. A 6" spider support is not satisfactory and will not work. The original is from a Philco stove. The P in the center in not necessary. The replacement has to span 8 and1/8th inches. It must not be too thick in the arms so as to support the element in a level position above the boil over well.( approx. 3/16 height or so.) I also need replacement parts for the boil over well itself.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.
.