Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Kenmore clothes dryer, model 110.69422801, serial M02762142,

Customer Question

kenmore clothes dryer, model 110.69422801, serial M02762142, type D433-ELE-2406026-FM54. Dryer will not heat on the AUTO DRY LOW HEAT setting for delicate cycle. The TIMED DRY HIGH HEAT works find. What's the deal?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your dryer today. So unfortunately you just have a bad contact inside the timer that has worn down and isn't making a connection when you select delicate cycle. The same thermostat and heater is used for high heat the only difference is that there is an internal resistor in the thermostat which gets activated on delicates cycle so that it generates slightly more heat around the thermostat to trigger the thermostat earlier so the dryer doesn't get as hot. Either way, I'm not sure if you'll understand that explanation or not but I figured I'd give you a little insight as to why the timer is the culprit. The timer would need to be ordered and replaced to resolve the issue and unfortunately it's about $100. Below is a link to the part if you wanted to order and replace it and if you're handy you can definitely replace it yourself. CLICK HERE for timer We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?