Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

MAYTAG DISHWASHER NOT DRAINING AT ALL, TOOK IT APART ALL THE

Customer Question

MAYTAG DISHWASHER NOT DRAINING AT ALL, TOOK IT APART ALL THE WAY UP TO THEN IMPELLER AND CLEANED IT OUT STILL NOTHING, IT HUMS LIKE ITS DRAINING BUT NO LIQUID IS LEAVING THE MACHINE
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: WELL THATS PRETTY MUCH IT
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: DONT THINK SO
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a model number so I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker around the front frame of the tub and can be seen if you open the door. Also, did you replace the garbage disposal before this error occurred? And is the motor running or just humming even though the motor is stalled?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
don't have the model number as per im at work, don't have a garbage disposal sounds like its running
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
You'll probably want to just reply when you can send me the model number then because I'm not sure how I can be of help without a model number since Maytag makes so many different styles of dishwashers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok I guess I could do that now when you say running or humming how can u tell the difference
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
Hello I am a different tech do you still need help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You still there
Yes I am a new tech the other one left
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well my issue is a dishwasher that is not draining
Will you be by the unit later to get the model number and firstly have you check the siphon gap for blockages?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
maybe its better we do this later when im by the machine, give me a couple of hours
Yes that is fine I will be around all day and night. If I do not reply right away don't worry I will as soon as I see it.
Hi there,I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, if there is something else I can help you with follow up questions are free and can still be handled even after you rate the answer or did you just forget to rate the answer?