Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Magic Chef Wine Cooler model mcwc50dbt keeps showing a EEF

Customer Question
code on the disyplay and...
Magic Chef Wine Cooler model mcwc50dbt keeps showing a EEF code on the disyplay and stops cooling. Once you unplug it works again for usually a few days and then it does it a again. How do I fix the problem?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
4/25/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 year ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly. Answer: This means the unit is not cooling, the actual issue is the compressor fails to start. You need to replace the start relay device on the compressor to fix this issue. Here is the part you need to fix the unit, it just slides onto the compressor pins behind the unit.CLICK HERE All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!
Hi there,I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, if there is something else I can help you with follow up questions are free and can still be handled even after you rate the answer or did you just forget to rate the answer?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Well I order emerge relay and installed but I am still getting the "EEF" error message. Obviously the relay starter switch you told me to get was not the correct answer. Any other recommendations?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Magic Chef said perhaps a Temp Probe. Something about the unit thinking it is too cold and shutting down. The part number they gave me is 312180200022 but not sure where to find it or install it.
Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
bonzaco
Hi my name is ***** ***** do you have a multimeter to do some testing?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes. I do.
Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
Are you running the wine cooler on 110 or 22o volts?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
110v
Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
OK get into a place where you can work around it - I want you at the compressor end where you have replaced the new start relay. Set the multimeter to 200v AC and check that you have 110v at the two tabs feeding power to the compressor. Come back to me with your result.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Does the compression need to be running to get a readout?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay. Got a .1 reading
bonzaco
bonzaco
bonzaco