bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

I recently bought an Rv with a 2 burner Schott Ceran Induction

Customer Question

I recently bought an Rv with a 2 burner Schott Ceran Induction Oven and now on vacation and I can't get it work. Power light comes on and when I press the timer button and then the burner buttion it defaults back to off
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I have not been able to get this to work since I fist got the RV and there was no instructioin manual so I
'
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! Do you have a model number from the unit?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
If you do not press the timer button but just select a burner and turn it on, does it work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If i just press the burner button I get a symbol that appears to be an 8 and then flashes back and forth with an E which I assume to be an error message of some sort
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
What brand it this, is there a name on it? A lot of the ones used in the RV business are imported and are hard to identify.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All i can get off of it is a Schott Ceran Induction Heating
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Does it look like the one at the link below? CLICK HERE
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, this link. CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here's a picture
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Are you using pans suitable for induction burners?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this was already installed in an RV I just purchased
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Are you using pans suitable for induction burners? They require a special pan. The error you are seeing is likely due to the wrong type of cookware.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the correct cookware and and haven't even had a chance to put it use because I can't get the oven to heat up
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Without knowing the brand and model, I am unable to help. I will place your question back to the list in case another may have an idea.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** Schott Ceran is the name of the company that makes the ceramic glass top, not the manufacturer of the hob - a label is usually stuck to the underside of the hob which will give you the manufacturer and model number which we need to give you further advice.