Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My maytag dishwasher model mdbh965aww was leaking,replaced

Customer Question
the seal kit,problem solved. Now...
my maytag dishwasher model mdbh965aww was leaking,replaced the seal kit,problem solved. Now the dishwaser fills up with water but won't go into wash mode(water won't spray out of arms) makes aslight click and buzz sound like it wants to go into wash mode. I've turned the power off at the breaker box for a period of time to see if the setting board would reset it self(that was a suggestion as a possible troubleshooting technique) it didn't seem to work.Do you have any other suggestions?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
4/24/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 year ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
If the dishwasher fills and it buzzes, then power is getting down to the motor but the motor is just not running. Unfortunately that means that you seal kit is either just not installed properly or possibly the sometimes when replacing the seal kit the impeller shaft rubs on the chopper screen jamming up the pump from turning. Below is a video that shows you how to replace the impeller kit properly. Watch it to start with until you get to 2:05 in the video. Spin the impeller when you can see the impeller and if it spins smoothly, you have a bad motor and the motor will need to be replaced. If it doesn't spin smoothly, continue watching the video and take the rest apart and try to figure out what is rubbing. Sometimes that chopper screen below the impeller rubs on the impeller and then you have to remove it or try to shift it so it won't rub anymore. CLICK HERE for video We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Took it all apart and realize that it was put back together correctly. I used the centering tool that came with the seal kit, the chopper blade was not rubbing against the screen. Put it all back together, started to fill the machine, no leaks but when it was to go into wash mode, it was not making a low buzzing, followed by a click, now the sound is a little louder, with no water spraying from the arm
If the impeller spins freely by hand when it's all assembled, then your motor is just bad and needs to be replaced.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc