Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a LG DLE2301R dryer that is making heat but suddenly

Customer Question

I have a LG DLE2301R dryer that is making heat but suddenly it takes a loooong time to dry. the heater coils check good and I have cleaned out all the ductwork. I also have noticed the cooling icon to be illuminated whenever it is running. Does this info here also apply to my machine? Ricky
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: not at this time.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. If you disconnect the vent from behind the unit then run it does it do the same thing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Ok remove the lint screen and run it and see if it still does it to make sure you are not having an airflow issue and overheating problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been running it without the lint screen today... I also cleaned out the hole the screen is slid into. At this point I feel there is no flow issues.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also have checked voltages at the black and the white relays and they appear to be switching the coils on properly. Does the cooling light control come from the humidity sensor?
Are you running it with no wet clothes in it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At this point I am running it empty, but when the problem started two days ago it had a full load of clothes and they remained wet for a couple of hours. The air in the machine felt warm. The icon was illuminated continuously at that time as well.
OK well if there are no clothes in it it will go to Cooling quick you either need to run a Timed Dry on it or have wet clothes in it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I run it in a timed dry cycle it appears that the icon is still illuminated. The air at the duct hole is feeling pretty warm now.... maybe I am spinning my wheels at this point. If the icon is on and the machine is running normally, is the heat output reduced down to one coil, or does it shut off the heating coils completely?
No either the heater works or it does not on that unit, do this get some wet clothes run it on TIMED dry for 50 minutes if they come out dry then you may not have enough wet clothes in the unit
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK... thanks for the info. Have a good day
No problem you too All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!